Základní informace o akci
|Datum a čas konání:||28. 04. 2022 14:00 - 15:30|
|Cílová skupina:||Digitální dovednosti pro pracovní sílu
Digitální dovednosti pro ICT odborníky
|Úroveň digitálních dovedností:||Střední
Odborník na digitální technologie
|Téma:||Umělá inteligence, Kybernetická bezpečnost|
|Geografický rozsah:||Evropská unie
DIGITALEUROPE invites you to the second event in our Digital Deep Dives series, where we’ll delve into the ins and outs of the Standardisation Strategy and the effect it will have on areas such as AI and the EU-US Trade and Technology Council.
Harmonised standards underpin our product compliance and market access framework. They help to make businesses and users, big or small, understand and implement complex legal requirements in practice. Without them, we would not have a European Single Market.
Especially in times of fast innovation and rapid developments in new digital technologies such Artificial Intelligence, understandable and implementable standards will be essential to match regulatory, business and consumer needs.
With the new Standardisation Strategy, the European Commission wants to bolster this framework and elevate it to be an enabler of European leadership globally. It proposes actions aimed at better coordination, anticipation and prioritisation of future standards needs, addressing the governance of the European standards bodies, as well as strengthening the EU’s voice in global standardisation.
Of course, many questions and challenges arise:
- Will the Strategy succeed at these goals, and move us closer towards a positive and harmonised implementation of the Green and Digital Transition?
- Will it help EU companies deploy and scale up, within and beyond the Single Market? Will it encourage innovation in Europe?
- And what are the implications for our international partnerships, such as within the EU-US Trade and Technology Council?
During the event, our high-level speakers from EU institutions, standardisation bodies and industry will provide their views on how our standardisation policy can underpin a stronger, more innovative Europe that can lead on new technologies at the global level.
- 14:00-14:10 Opening remarks
- Cecilia Bonfeld-Dahl, Director General, DIGITALEUROPE
- 14:10-14:20 Presentation of DIGITALEUROPE’s new position paper on the Standardisation Strategy
- Martin Chapman, Director for Technical Policy and Standards, DIGITALEUROPE
- 14:20-15:00 Panel discussion
- Gwenole Cozigou, Director for Industrial Transformation and Advanced Value Chains, DG GROW, European Commission
- MEP Catharina Rinzema, Member of the European Parliament Delegation for relations with the United States, European Parliament
- Anthony Quinn, Standards Team Lead, Office of Standards and Intellectual Property, US Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration
- Dirk Weiler, Board Chair, ETSI and Head of Standards Policy, Nokia
- Rebekka Porath, Director Standards Policy EMEA, Intel and vice-chair of the DIGITALEUROPE Standards & Interoperability WG
- Jelle Hoedemaekers, Expert ICT Standardisation, Agoria
- 15:00-15:30 Q&A and audience discussion